November 09, 2010

I Can't Direct the Universe

Today was an incredibly beautiful day! It was sunny and in the mid 60's, perfect fall weather! It's going to be like this all week! I'm wearing dresses and skirts everyday (even to work)! I wore my Tucker for Target dress again today! I pulled out my green plaid shirt and really wanted to mix it with a floral dress and this is the result!

greenplaid4

Our pictures were taken very quickly because Jeff was in the middle of cooking dinner (again)! I pulled him away from the grill for just a few minutes so he could take these, love him!

greenplaid3

These tights and boots are my two favorite things. These boots are just so comfy (and they were cheap!) and these tights are the perfect color! I can't stop wearing these things!

greenplaid2

So last week I shared my secret about dirty hair, today I will share another trick. Sunglasses are a girl's best friend. They hide unplucked eyebrows, bad eyeliner and hangover eyes. I've got 2/3 today, I'll let you guess which two.

So I have a quick question, has anyone ever ordered anything from Blowfish Shoes? I FINALLY ordered the boots I've been drooling over but I haven't gotten any emails about whether they've been shipped or not. I ordered them Oct. 30 and it's a 5-10 day shipping. I was just wondering if they just show up one day unannounced or what! I'm so darn excited and impatient!

Dress: Tucker for Target
Plaid shirt: Charlotte Russe
Cardigan: Target
Tights: TJ Maxx
Boots: Ebay
Belt/Sunglasses: F21

20 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the dress! And all of the layering! Gorgeous. And the plaid shirt. I'm in love with plaid lately....I can't get enough!


xx

gee said...

i love the plaid with the flower dress.
beautiful.
i totally agree with the sunglasses.. :)
xoox

color shows said...

I love the layering! I never would have thought that a combination of plaid and floral would work, but you look fabulous!

Chaucee said...

Love the colors and patterns in this outfit. And yay for nice weather!

Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

Holy cow, I looooove your mixing! The plaid and floral are such an expected combination but it looks so good. :)

Sorry that you haven't heard about your boots, I don't know anything about that company but I would recommend just e-mailing them.

Shy said...

i love the mixed patterns! you look beautiful! I have ordered blowfish shoes, they came pretty quick and I loved them...can't remember if I got an email though.

Shy!

Bee. said...

The print on that dress is just beautiful! I love how you've layered it too (:

Collette Osuna said...

Hi hunnie...thanks for stopping by!!! Love your layered dress.....you look so ready for a Michigan Fall...ughhh...lol..where are you at again in Michigan?

I just added you to my Twitter:)

Stop by and say Hello ♥
Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway

E said...

love the layering! what a great idea :)


heyfancypants.blogspot.com

500 days of Jo said...

Your dress is so cute, I love the colors you're wearing lately, they're so Fall-ish indeed, love it!
<3, Jo

(I'm betting they're hangover eyes ah! :P)

Mandy said...

Such a cute outfit! I'm obsessed with boots and tights lately too. I drag my boyfriend to take my outfits pics all the time! He pretty much expects it now...

Mary said...

I love your dress!
Great post!
I just discovered your blog,it's very cute!I added to your followers:)
xx Mary

jenn from midlife modern said...

I am so late to the party on this "Tucker for Target" thing. Everybody seems to be wearing these adorable patterned dresses and I'm starting to feel kinda left out. I think I need to remedy this situation. You look dern cute.

callie said...

Great layering! I love the plaid w/the floral dress. So cool. I have the same dress so I may need to try this. :D

sydney said...

i love the combination of plaid and floral, it's perfect. i am falling in love with your blog, you have the sweetest style!

rlutz said...

Love the way you styled the plaid shirt with that dress...I have the same one and I never thought about it with the shirt and cardi...love it!

Unknown said...

The subtle plaid with the fun floral dress is perfection! I'm so excited to see how you're going to remix these pieces, too! This look is such a strong start :D

Sophi

Anonymous said...

I love your outfit. I love the mix of the plaid shirt and the floral dress, very chic.
I love the fact that I wear glasses because of the fact that they cover a multitude of sins. For me, they cover up the dark circles under my eyes :)

Amy said...

First, can I tell you I recently found your blog, and you are SO my style, but done better! Are your tights taupe or greige? The color is hard to make out, but I love it and need to find something similar!

ashleyn said...

I really enjoy the flower print with the plaid. It something I never thought could be done. Just lovely!