February 05, 2011

Snow, snow go away.

So it has been snowing nonstop all morning and it has left me with a case of severe winter blues. Jeff and I had plans to go see the movie Blue Valentine (no pun intended), but the closest theater playing the movie is almost an hour away. The roads are awful so now we are stuck inside wearing pajamas and watching movies. I guess that's not technically horrible, but I am so sick of all of this snow already! And I promise you all, I'm not freezing here. It's actually on the warmer side of winter today.
feb05-01
feb05-03
Jeff and I did have a little date night last night though, so at least we had some fun outside of the house this weekend. We went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and then walked around Border's for awhile. I've been reading nonstop, my resolution this year was to read more and so far I'm really proud of myself. Last night I bought The Giver (I read this in fifth grade) and The Great Gatsby (I read this in high school) but I wanted to read them both again.
feb05-05
feb05-03
I hope you all have an amazing weekend. And if it's snowing, I hope you can make the best of it by building forts in your living room, baking cookies or snuggling up by the fire drinking hot cocoa with your loved ones. xo

Skirt & top: Gee's, Tights: F21, Shoes: Sears, Cardigan: Target

21 comments:

Rue said...

Cute outfit; I love the cardigan! OMGosh those books are so good (I <3 them both); I recommend Danielle Steel's books super great reads!

gee said...

THE GIVER is my all time FAVORITE book EVVVVVVVVVVER!!!!
haha..i like it that much ;)
i absolulty love how you paired this pieces together.
i have always loved the colors in the skirt and now i love it even more in the snow!!!
you look very beautiful. (as always.)
i have a wonderful day with Jeff!! <3
xoox

gee said...

ps. the second picture looks like you are giving a thumbs up like The Fonz...eeehhhhh! :)
(maybe i am the only one seeing this..i am odd.)

EevvaStyle said...

amazing outfit!

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Cute outfit! The snow makes for some great photos!

HollyDolly said...

Cute, as always :)

I really need to read more. My boyfriend reads all the time. But I' spend all my spare time sewing and what not, that I haven't picked up a book (other than harry potter) in almost a year. yikes!!

Holly
http://hollykeenan.tumblr.com

eleanor said...

Well it may be annoying but the snow sure does make for some beautiful photos.. I'm jealous :) This outfit is so sweet, I love all these colours together!

X

Elanor said...

your skirt is darling! and i loveee the color of your cardigan. :)

it was actually 70 today where i live! crazy, thinking that it is snowing everywhere else.

Emma said...

cute shorts, love the cardi! the colours are unexpectedly great together

Stacey Kay said...

I love your shorts. So cute!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

Beti ♥ fashiontazja said...

oh my god i love your outfit!! it's perfect!

aprileveryday said...

I adore the colours in this outfit! I'm absolutely dying for that cardigan! I really wish you could send the snow over here! I loveeee snow! :)

Meg! said...

Going to dinner and Border's is like... the best date ever. I used to love hanging out at Barnes & Noble; it was my favorite thing to do. Sadly the closes B&N to me now is in a huge mall, and it's really tiny compared to the one in Missoula. Sad. I miss it.

Anywayyy, you look so cute all standing in the snow! That skirt is awesome. :D

Amanda said...

Hey if you're tired of snow, just send it my way! It snowed Thursday night/Friday but was all gone by Friday morning! Bah. I still managed to go sledding though!

I absolutely love this outfit and cannot wait to get that top! Is it my turn yet?

:]

JennaStevie said...

I really love this outfit, that chunky green knit sweater is so gorgeous with that pretty purple skirt!! Such a great outfit. I am so sick of snow/cold tooo. Why can't it be spring?
xJennaD

kate maggie said...

This outfit is an absolute gem!! I love everything about it. Especially that cozy cardigan, such a nice color! I hope you have a great rest of your Sunday. haha..im pretty over this snow too! I thought I would love it more than I do, but nope, definately a summer girl!! x

Alyspank said...

I'm convinced that if you wore a knapsack, id think it was the cutest thing ever. I love that thick cardigan over Gee's girly pieces :)

YOU'RE JUST SO DAMN PRETTY!

Yes, the caps lock was necessary.

the ineffable soul said...

gorgeous outfit, love your skirt and cardigan!
I read the great gatsby in high school too but i wouldn't mind re reading it tbh :) x

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

I like your green cardigan :D making forts sounds amazing too, i might have to do that one day for old times sakes ;)
xxxxxx

sydney said...

oh snow days...i love them but at the same time they can be so annoying! watching movies all day always sounds good to me though. the giver and the great gatsby are two of my FAVORITE books. i love them both. anyway...i really love your purple and green combination. you look adorable. <3

jenloveskev said...

Super cute. I love all these colors together!
-jenloveskev