August 10, 2010

Back to reality.

Jeff and I went on a 4 day vacation. It was some great R&R. After a 4 hour drive, we arrived here:


I had the most relaxing time in one of the most beautiful cities. I took over 300 pictures, so I need to go through and determine the "blog worthy" ones. Tomorrow I will be changing my layout and updating a lot more. Here are just a few pictures from Day 1. This day included our arrival, an amazing dinner at this old restaurant and drinking by a bonfire. We stayed with my cousin Nicole and her boyfriend. They have this cottage right across from a lake and we had access to swim/fish/etc.

The local liquor store sold cardboard beer box cowboy hats. Summer 2011 trend?
Excuse my tired face, waking up early and driving across state does that to me.

Boyfriend starting our bonfire :)

This was the start of an unforgettable getaway. I will be posting about our adventures from days two through four this week. I'm a little disappointed with the quality of my pictures. On top of my Christmas wish list is a nice camera. Any suggestions?

Quick book review: Water for Elephants.
I read this book in my down time this weekend. I thought it would be more "love story-ish" but it really captures the entire essence of the circus life in the early 1930's. The characters were well written and the plot comes full circle. I'm so excited for the movie next spring. Reese Witherspoon will make a perfect Marlena, I'm sure of it!

No comments: